Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Drugs Don't work*

My body is letting me down!

I used to get lots of viruses, and certainly when I started my current job - nearly 2 years ago - I got sick heaps. It happens every time I begin a new job.  I have a motto about new jobs - "new job, new germs"


I am a music therapist after all, and I work with people, which means I come into contact with lots of different bugs to catch when I start a new job. I am the virus queen, if there is something going around, I will catch it - just lucky I guess! That, my friends, is one of my joys of having a chronic illness!!! So I get sick a little more often it's not a huge price to pay now is it?

However I am a little annoyed because in the past 3 months, I have had almost 3 weeks off, which is a lot in an old job - even for me.

Once again last week I was laid up with another virus! They are annoying little things and the drugs don't work!!


I do have a confession to make however. The week before last I not only rode to work on my allotted day, but I also rode to NaMTRU and that is apart from participating in the two day seminar, and presenting on Sunday. OOPS!

Me thinks I may have overdone it a little!!! So I have been sitting around, contemplating my navel for a few days and it's not looking good for Monday! (Don't tell, but I have been sneaking in a little study)


But if you wanna show, just let me know
And I'll sing in your ear again
Now the drugs don't work
They just make you worse
But I know I'll see your face again
 
*The Drugs Don't work - The Verve

No comments:

Post a Comment