Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Low c - cultural Exchange

Over the last few weeks there has been some cultural exchange going on at work. One of my colleagues is here from America, and she was saying the other day that she had never heard sprinkles called 100s and 1000s.

This conversation led to a discussion of fairy bread and freckles. She was intrigued by the idea of fairy bread particularly, and myself and the rest of the aussies, recounted stories of countless birthday parties that included fairy bread. I decided to introduce her to the unique flavour experience of fairy bread the next day, and also bought her a packet of freckles.


Imagine my surprise when I turned up at work yesterday to be greeted by a packet of fairy pretzels. What is a fairy pretzel I hear you ask. My colleague had turned a packet of ordinary pretzels into fairy pretzels in honour of fairy bread and freckles.


Check them out! They are delicious. I couldn't believe that someone would go to the trouble of dipping pretzels in chocolate, then in 100s and 1000s! So sweet!!!

We had a lot of fun with them yesterday. It really made my birthday at work. I told her to get straight onto marketing them!!


I love silliness and laughter at work. I find it energising, helps to make the day pass and breaks up the sometimes very serious nature of my work. Anyway, we have had a lot of fun at work lately with food and also with the pronunciation of words.... How do you say squirrel??

1 comment:

  1. oooh, fairy bread sounds so incredibly delectable! is there a recipe for it to make it in the US??

    those fairy pretzels look tasty too!

    ReplyDelete